8 Benefits of Adding Rosewater To Your Skincare.
Rosewater is nature’s finest beauty potion and has been in use for centuries. It’s been reported that it was first used way back in Ancient Egypt by Queen Cleopatra herself. And if it’s good enough for royalty then it’s definitely good enough for us.
Today it’s more commonly used within Eastern/Asian communities, it’s a staple within my household, and though it is sold in the big name drugstores it’s often not utilized as much as it should be.
Here are the top 8 reasons that you should be using rosewater in your skincare!
- It’s an antioxidant and antibacterial product. It can speed up the healing of wounds while also able to fade scars and strengthen the skin tissues from within.
- It’s also an anti inflammatory – perfect for dry skin conditions such as eczema, controlling blotchiness and treating acne.
- It cleanses skin like no other product can, a claim I vouch for myself having used it since childhood, and is brilliant in cleaning out pores and controlling excess oil on the skin.
- It’s very hydrating and a natural moisturiser.
- It’s also useful in keeping wrinkles at bay – my mother has been using it for many years and at 51 she only has a few fine lines!
- It’s perfect for toning the skin, used after a facial steam it will tighten the skin and reduce redness.
- It can also be used for your hair and scalp. It can treat mild scalp inflammations and dandruff. It’s nourishing properties make it a great leave in conditioner and general do gooder for damaged hair. And it smells amazing!
- Rosewater can also be mixed with a few drops of coconut oil and used as a natural make up remover.
The list goes on and on but what more could you need to give it a go? Gentle on the skin and highly effective in treating a myriad of skin issues rosewater should be your new skin new best friend!
Also a reminder that if you do decide to give it a go then be sure to purchase it in it’s purest form, rosewater combined with any other chemicals will not give the same results.